Craig C. Bartlett, CFP®, CRPC®, CBEC®
Managing Partner & Financial Planner
Craig is the founding Managing Partner and a Financial Planner at Wealth by Design. In business since 1995 with the same firm, Craig works primarily with business owners and executives helping to transition them from late-stage accumulation into distribution mode as they monetize their life’s work and seek to enjoy their financial independence. He is often asked to engage with the entire family to communicate expectations related to generational wealth planning strategies as well as to better prepare them to become good stewards of their wealth, not just the money.
Craig graduated with honors from the University of Maine earning a Bachelor of Science Degree in Business Administration with a double concentration in Finance and Management. He has secured the following designations:
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional
- Chartered Retirement Planning Consultant
- Certified Business Exit Consultant®
He has previously served as the Managing Principal for the NY/NJ Metro Region responsible for recruiting, coaching and training planners and their staff. He has also held the positions of Investment Coordinator and Compliance Officer. He is known to be a thought leader as well as a sought-after presenter and has spoken at numerous national conferences, local meetings and virtual presentations for Lincoln Financial Advisors (LFA). Craig has also been invited to speak at national industry meetings such as the Financial Planning Association® as well as been interviewed on talk radio station WOR 710.
Craig’s commitment to excellence, lifetime learning and continued giving back include:
- Lincoln Executive Consulting (LEC)
- Founding and active board member, group promoting financial planning for executives
- Business Intelligence Institute (BII)
- Original and active member, group focusing on business owner financial planning
- Generational Wealth Planning (GWP)
- Founding and active board member, group seeking to preserve family and wealth across generations
- The Resource Group (TRG)
- LFA’s top planners, past board member
- Private Wealth Services (PWS)
- Original and active member, group catering to planning for high-net-worth clients
- Emotional IQ
- Leadership training provided by The William’s Group
- Premier Partner Advisory Council (PPAC)
- Past President and Secretary, committee dedicating to collaborating with the top leaders in all departments at Lincoln National Corporation to improve services, products and the client experience
- National Planning Conference (NPC)
- Past committee member, responsible for designing and running an annual multi-day training conference that attracts over 800 planners annually
- Financial Planning Association® (FPA®)
- Long-time member, past presenter
- Estate Planning Council of Northern New Jersey (EPCNNJ)
- Long-time member, diversified local group of professionals furthering their estate planning knowledge
- New Jersey State Board of Accountancy
- Certified sponsor to teach CPA’s their professional continuing education credits
 Business Intelligence Institute is a Lincoln Financial Advisors initiative focusing on business succession strategies.
The Resource Group is an invitation-only, nationwide network of the top planners within Lincoln Financial Advisors.
 An internal Lincoln Financial Advisors organization of top planners who focus on clients in the high net-worth market.
 The Premier Partners® Program represents a superior level of achievement earned by financial professionals and field managers for their commitment to client service, professionalism and business production.
Craig resides in Morris Twp., NJ with his family. He is the acting Treasurer in the historic Washington Valley Home-Owners Association. He supports his Alma Mater through active donations to a NJ based scholarship fund and served as a board member of the NJ UMaine Alumni Association. He enjoys volunteering his time for many other rewarding causes such as coaching his daughter’s soccer team. Hobbies and interests include travel, fitness, wine, snowmobiling, motorcycle riding, wood working, fishing, raising chickens, bee keeping and gardening.
Craig Bartlett is a registered representative of Lincoln Financial Advisors Corp. Securities and investment advisory services offered through Lincoln Financial Advisors Corp., a broker/dealer (member SIPC) and registered investment advisor. Insurance offered through Lincoln affiliates and other fine companies. Wealth By Design LLC is not an affiliate of Lincoln Financial Advisors. CA Insurance License # 0D948402