Craig is the founding Managing Partner and a Financial Planner at Wealth by Design. In business since 1995 with the same firm, Craig works primarily with business owners and executives helping to transition them from late stage accumulation into distribution mode as they monetize their life’s work to enjoy financial independence. He is often asked to engage with the entire family to communicate expectations of generational wealth planning strategies as well as to better prepare them to become good stewards of their wealth, not just the money.
Craig graduated with honors from the University of Maine earning a Bachelor of Science Degree in Business Administration with a double concentration in Finance and Management. He has secured the following designations:
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™
- Chartered Retirement Planning Consultant
- Certified Business Exit Consultant®
He has previously served as the Managing Principal for the NY/NJ Metro Region responsible for recruiting, coaching and training planners and their staff. He has also held the positions of Investment Coordinator and Compliance Officer. He is a sought-after presenter and has spoken at numerous national conferences, local meetings and webcasts for Lincoln Financial Advisors. Craig has also been invited to speak at national industry meetings such as the Financial Planning Association® as well as been interviewed on talk radio station WOR 710.
Craig’s commitment to excellence, lifetime learning and continued giving back include:
- Lincoln Executive Consulting (LEC) – founding and active board member, group dedicated to financial planning for executives
- The Resource Group (TRG) – active membership of LFA’s top 200 planners
- TRG Board – past member
- Generational Wealth Planning committee – past chair
- Private Wealth Services (PWS) - group catering to planning for high net worth clients
- Premier Partner Advisory Counsel (PPAC) - past President, the group collaborates with the top executives of all departments at Lincoln National Corporation
- National Planning Conference – past committee member, responsible for designing and running an annual multi-day training conference that attracts about 800 planners annually
- Financial Planning Association® - long-time member
- Estate Planning Council of Northern New Jersey – long-time member
- New Jersey State Board of Accountancy – certified sponsor to teach CPA’s their professional continuing education credits
Craig resides in Morris Twp., NJ with his family. He is the acting Treasurer in the historic Washington Valley Home-Owners Association. He supports his Alma Mater through active donations to a NJ based scholarship fund and served as a board member of the NJ UMaine Alumni Association. He enjoys volunteering his time for many other rewarding causes such as coaching his daughter’s soccer team. Hobbies and interests include travel, fitness, wine, snowmobiling, motorcycle riding, wood working, fishing, raising chickens, bee keeping and gardening.